When our house arrest started, Las Vegans could order take out from local restaurants. But alcohol was verboten.
And then the powers that be saw the light. Every jurisdiction in Clark County now allows restaurants to sell wine, beer, even craft cocktails with their take out.
Even brew pubs can participate.
Please note I am delivering this important information to you, my loyal readers, since all y’all know I can’t drink since I burned off the top of my vocal chords with, among other things, too much alcohol. So you enjoy for me, OK?
And you don’t even need to order food. Lee’s Discount Liquor, which closed all its retail stores March 22, will make home deliveries to anyone who lives in the city of Las Vegas.
You do have to be 21. The delivery person is going to check, so don’t think you can bluff!
Just go to the retailer’s web site and order away. There will be a $10 delivery charge, but Lee’s is waiving that if you order over $200 worth of liquid refreshment.
Food with your booze
Some of my favorite restaurants in town are offering curb-side take out.
- Mastro’s. (Las Vegas Strip) Select bottles of wine are half price with your food order. They have dry-aged steaks. Oh my!
- Nora’s Italian Cuisine. (Summerlin) Its wine and beer menus, which go on for pages, are all available for take out. That includes a 5-liter jeroboam of Rocca delly Macie Sasyr, blend of sangiovese and syrah gapes, in case you only want to order out once.
- Honey Salt. (Summerlin) Not only is the restaurant offering its entire beer and wine menu to go, but also its on-the-rocks signature cocktails.
- Todd’s Unique Dining. (Henderson) The restaurant changes its menus daily. There are over 25 items, so you can always find something you like. The kewl thing is you never know what’s going to appear. Todd’s offers eight different cocktails; there’s enough to serve two. Wine offerings go from a $20 Bonvolio Pinot Grigio to a $45 Far Niente Chardonnay.
- CraftHaus Brewery. (Henderson) The brewery partnered with a neighboring Henderson company Ethel M Chocolates to create a four-piece sampler paired with four fresh beers, two tasting glasses and a pairing guide all tucked into a basket. It’s called the Spring Chocolate Pairing Basket. Craft beer and Ethel M chocolate. Heaven! Available online for curbside pick up Thursday through Sunday noon to 4.
I have no idea how to pronounce this Finnish word. But the English rough translation is “pantsdrunk.”
The Finns, it seems, have a tradition of getting drunk at home in their underwear. Then they typically go to bed.
Finns live in a freezing and often dark environment for nine months of the year. I imagine they get comfy in a deliciously toasty home and drink up. This is their way of surviving the hostile elements. Kind of like my house arrest.
The weather is gorgeous in Las Vegas right now. Since you aren’t driving, maybe this is a good time to try it!
Be safe and healthy, Las Vegas.
((hugs)) BETH Ellyn
YOUR Las Vegas Real Estate Concierge
702.758.4318 Talk. Text. SMS. Video chat
email@example.com Google Hangouts
MBA: L’ecole du Hard Knocks
Licensed in Nevada since 1996: I have previous!
When competence AND creativity matter!